Applications are invited for the above position in the Irish Institute for Chinese Studies / UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland.
To act as PA and provide effective and efficient executive and administrative support to the Director of the Irish Institute for Chinese Studies/UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland. Plan, organize, implement and maintain administrative systems that support the smooth running of the Institutes.
From August 24th, 2017 to September 26th, 2017
Temporary EA Hourly pay rate, € 12.91 per hour.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
General Office Administration & IT
• Manage daily administrative operations, including the establishment of work priorities and assisting the Director in resolving problems related to the day-to-day operation of the Institutes
• Providing a high level administrative and secretarial support to the Director.
• Plan, organize, implement and maintain administrative systems that support the smooth running of the Institutes.
• The collation, co-ordination and formatting of information required from reports in advance of meeting and report deadlines including the production of professional documentation, reports and presentations.
• Assisting in troubleshooting, project planning and management when required
• Work with Computing Services and Management Services Unit to ensure that staff have appropriate services, software and hardware to enable effective performance
• Ensuring that all communications (on-line, hard copy, brochures etc.) for the Institutes have a standardised format and meet UCD branding requirements
• Maintain information about the Institutes ensuring that it is coherent, up-to-date and consistent on the web, intranet, print, e-mail
• Organising and providing administrative support for a wide variety of internal meetings and events including scheduling, circulation of appropriate documentation and minute-taking.
• Organising the Institutes’ events, meetings and hospitality on behalf of the Director with a range of visitors from both Ireland and China and from industry, education, state and semi-state organisations.
• Co-ordinating complex travel arrangements for the Director and others as necessary.
• Working with Buildings and Services and others to ensure an optimum work environment for staff of the Institutes.
• Project managing any office moves or refurbishments.
• Co-ordinating security and maintenance arrangements.
• Liaising with the relevant departments and services in the Institution to ensure smooth running of events and meetings organised by the Institutes.
• Previous working experience in operating as an office administrator or experience of working in a demanding office environment
• Knowledge of modern China and native speaker (or near-native speaker) in Mandarin Chinese
• Excellent IT skills including word, power point, excel and the internet used to produce professional reports, documents and presentations
• Experience of managing office and facilities projects and coordinating the work of people associated with individual projects
• Experience of scheduling meetings, travel and preparing and collating supporting documentation
• Ability to plan and develop office procedures and introduce improved processes
• Ability to cope with ambiguity and change and maintain high level of professionalism when working under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills both written and oral
• Ability to manage competing priorities and can demonstrate initiative and an ability to work independently
• Demonstrates tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment
• Experienced in preparing the financial documents for expenses claim, staff pay claim, planning, budgeting, reporting and control processes
• A good knowledge of University structures and academic procedures
• Knowledge of University IT systems, Banner, Business Objects, e-Financials, web design
• Experience in dealing with funding and government bodies
• Experience of studying in both Ireland and China